This 5 lesson course is designed for beauty therapists and estheticians and takes the learner further into the anatomy & physiology of the skin than standard beauty therapy curriculums with a focus on how the cells and systems function and interact with each other. The five topics covered are:
• The internal cell structure
• Stem cells
• What is Keratin and why is it important
• Cells and systems of the epidermis and dermis
• Epidermal structure
The overall learning outcomes at the end of this course is that learners will have an advanced understanding of the components that make up the dermis and epidermis, and be more aware of what types of things may go wrong with cellular function that will present as an anomalous skin condition.
This educational activity has been approved for 6.0 CEs by NCEA Commission on Accreditation.
After completion of this online course, the skin care professional will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced knowledge about the anatomy, physiology & morphology of the skin.
2. Identify the cells and systems of the epidermis and dermis and how they work.
3. Explain how the various cells and systems of the skin function and interact with each other
4. Demonstrate competency of course material.