The Advanced Skin Analysis Program
Our new revised, expanded and improved 2019 program aims to provide better learning outcomes, and now provides international CPD certification on course completion. This course is a comprehensive, practical approach to accelerate your progress as a competent and knowledgeable skin treatment practitioner with diagnostic skills.
Key features & benefits:
- 56 units of learning (lessons) across seven modules
- 21 Hours of video presentations
- 980 pages of notes/transcripts in PDF format
- 52 multiple-choice answer assessments featuring Quiz Assist®
- Includes 4 e-books and full references for supplementary study
- CPD accreditation for 65 contact hours as a Pastiche Skin Diagnostic Technician
- Can be completed in 10 days (full-time), 3 months (part-time) if time permits; or take up to 18 months
- Excellent educational value: around $20 per hour of advanced knowledge-all in your own time, whenever and wherever you are.
Why learn Diagnostic Skin Analysis with our Advanced Skin Analysis program?
On your educational journey with us you will learn to the importance of determining to correctly identify the various skin conditions presented in clinic and causes of those conditions. Many contemporary skin conditions fail to respond to traditional approaches and require more intelligent interventions. Without a thorough understanding of why skin conditions develop and the individual circumstances surrounding them, we are unable to prescribe effective, realistic, treatment solutions and programs.
Take your career to the next logical step and join other skin care practitioners from around the world by learning how to become a certified Pastiche Skin Diagnostician.
See ‘Curriculum‘ tab for the list of modules and lessons, or find out more HERE
Typical completion time is between 3-4 months, with a maximum duration of 18 months.
- Learning Units 55
- Duration 65 hours
- Skill level Post graduate with clinical experience
- Language English
- Students 0
- CPD Points 65
Module one: Advanced Skin Anatomy & Physiology
This module is an exploration of the anatomical, physiological & morphological aspects of the skin. The purpose of this in-depth component of the course is to provide an understanding of how the skin works and the various mechanisms that contribute to skin health and normal function. Only by understanding this can we recognize what has gone wrong when presented with anomalous skin conditions. This first module comprises of 9 units of learning(lessons) covering the following:
Module two: Core principles of a detailed skin analysis
This module is the introduction to the Pastiche Method, and covers the rationale of how the procedure works and the type of information gathered in a consultation to be able to focus your attention on the contributing factors to prevailing conditions.
Module three: Gathering important & relevant information
This module is a continuation of of the rationale and covers the second part of the consultation procedure including the determining of the basic majority skin type and clinical/aftercare protocols.
- Power of Consultation – medical history
- Power of Consultation – medical &general health
- Power of Consultation – cosmetic & clinical history
- Discovering the difference between skin type, skin condition, skin disorder & disease
- Skin colour & risk for pigmentation
- Contraindications & protocols
- Diagnose skin type & skin risk from the consultation
Module seven: Summary and treatment planning
This final module is where we pull all of the information together to summarize findings and prescribe a treatment program. We also show how diagnostic equipment is a valuable data gathering and communication tool for selling your treatment programs.