This course follows on from the Essentials of pigmentation and the melanogenesis course, and is designed for practitioners who plan to offer treatments that may trigger the wound healing process. These would include dermal needling (CIT), medical needling, chemical resurfacing and Microdermabrasion, IPL & Laser hair reduction, laser & IPL skin rejuvenation.
By understanding what is occurring during the triggering of the process by mechanical or heat application, the therapist will be better informed on the potential risks and unintended outcomes. Topics include:
• Understanding the wound healing proccess
• Understanding scar tissue
• Anatomy & physiology of the hair (Relative to light based hair reduction)
• Best practice dermal needling technique
This course is ideal for Beauty Therapists or Estheticians who intend to move toward device-based treatment procedures.
This educational activity has been approved for 6.0 CEs by NCEA Commission on Accreditation.
After completion of this online course, the skin care professional will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge regarding what is occurring in the skin during the triggering of the wound
healing process by mechanical or heat application treatments.
2. Identify the potential risks and manage/avoid unintended outcomes.
3. Explain What is happening to the skin during the treatment process and how to decide
contraindications and best practice approaches.
4. Demonstrate competency of course material.